Menopause is a natural biological process for women, defined as occurring 12 months after the last menstrual period. Some symptoms include irregular periods, hot flashes with night sweat, body ache, fatigue, depression, headache or migraine, vaginal or eye dryness, insomnia, anxiety. and mood changes. It can happen in your 40s or 50s, but the average age is 51 in the United States. Although it marks the end of a womanʼs fertile period, you can still maintain a vital physical and sexual health.
While some women prefer to use HRT(hormone replacement therapy) to relieve some symptom, many find that side effect of HRT are worse than those of menopause.But these women also increase their risk for heart attacks, blood clots, and breast cancer.
Acupuncture treats menopause symptoms by stimulating the acupuncture points of the body to restore natural hormone levels and to prepare te body for the anticipated changes in the bodyʼs hormones. According the Korean Traditional Medicine, herbal medicine have been shown not only to help alleviate the symptoms of menopause without any side effects, but also to help increase a womenʼs energy level, vitality and their immune system.
• Hot flushes with night sweat
• Mood changes
• Vaginal or eye dryness
• Headache or migraine
• Irregular periods
Acupuncture & Moxibustion
1. Acupuncture & moxibustion: Helps blood circulation inside the uterus by stimulating the meridian point and adjusting the balance of the autonomic nervous system.
Food diet & Physical exercise
3. Food diet and physical exercise: appropriate individualized diet and exercise based on oneʼs constitution can drastically help symptoms of menopause, as well as restore a womanʼs confidence in her body weight and image.
Deep meditation & Aromatheray
4. The Mayo Clinic Center for Integrative and Complementary Medicine prescribes meditation to ease and prevent symptoms. A new study shows that menopausal women who participated in a stress reduction program that included meditation experienced significant relief from hot flashes and improved their quality of life. Several essential oils that contain hormonelike substances related to estrogen are helpful during menopause.
2. Herbal Medicine: Helps blood circulation of the pelvic, uterine, and areas to remove the extravasated blood of the uterus and calm the mind and body.